Saturday, October 1, 2011

Here we go!

Pin It
I finally caved. I guess standing up to peer pressure isn't my strong suit. At least not is this case. I've thought about starting to blog for a long time now. So long, in fact, that I've probably devoted more time to thinking about whether or not I should start a blog than it would take me to actually write a blog.

Admittedly, I am tradgically inept when it comes to technology. And that is my biggest hesitation in doing this. However, there are a few considerations that, pooled together, have changed my mind.

I am the type of person who enjoys pretty much everything, my main fault being that I am constantly trying something new. You may wonder why I consider that a fault... Just ask my mother, who was constantly reminding me to finish projects growing up. My one saving grace in this department is that she is no different. Our husbands thank God nightly that we do not live in the same house and they, therefore, do not have to navigate through a doubly complex obstacle course of power tools, paints, scraps of paper and fabric, scissors, and the like.

So here is what I do... paint, sew, garden, preserve, craft, cook, build, repurpose, and redesign. These hobbies are obviously secondary to being a wife to Chris, a mother to Ben, a youth minister to 100 junior high kids, and, hopefully a friend to many.

A Caviat: I am NOT a writer. I am NOT  photographer. As long as you understand that first and don't expect much there, we'll all be better off. My goal is simply to catalogue and share my ideas so that I don't forget them. And hopefully along the way, I can pass on some worthy ideas to you.

And this concludes my first blog. A blog about my blog.

Perhaps no one will follow this. Perhaps I change my mind. Whatever. We're just going to have to see...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!