Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cukes!

Pin It
My cucumbers have been coming in more and more as the days go on.
There is not quite enough to make a big batch of pickles yet,
but there are too many for just salads and snacking,

so I've been making a lot of cucumber salad,
one of our favorite summertime sides.

My husband is on a low carb/dairy free diet right now, though,
so I've had to adjust my recipes.
I had one with a dressing similar to green goddess (dairy)
and one vinegar based (with sugar).

So here is our compromise:



4 Cucumbers, peeled and sliced thinly
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (some sugar, yes, but much less that my other recipe)
1 green onion, finely chopped
a couple sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
a pinch of salt
freshly cracked black pepper













Mix, let set for a bit (the cukes will release a lot of their water in this time), and enjoy.

Simple, cheap, and my kid (who has been particularly picky lately) LOVES it to boot!

Win, win, win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!