Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another Milestone: Sewing Garments

Pin It









Was anyone else out there totally inspired and motivated by Kids' Clothes Week

a few weeks ago?





I certainly was, and if you follow me on Pinterest or Instagram,
you've probably noticed that I've been somewhat addicted to finding some simple garments to sew
in order to boost my confidence in the pattern department.
For some reason kids' clothes seem so much less intimidating.


















Luckily, I found these bubble shorts by Elegance and Elephants.
Not much needs to be said.
They are beyond cute and also beyond easy.
(!!!)
Which means they were perfect for my first try at sewing a real garment.

The pattern also comes with a variation for sailor style button front, which is so incredibly adorable, I can hardly stand it. That may be next on my list.







I don't have any female offspring, so I've been churning these shorts out for my nieces and Ben's little lady friend, Lucy.

I also found a free pattern for this toddler swing tank.
I added the peter pan collar with some extra fabric I had left over from the shorts.

For the shorts, I opted for a linen blend which gave me the look of linen, but more ease of care,
and the shirt is a quilting weight cotton print (both from Joann).



Super cute, right?
This endeavor went so well, I'm actually considering sewing something boy-friendly for my own child! haha.

I'll keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!